Monday, September 25, 2006

Christmas in September!

I've only got a scant handful of minutes to blurb about something that deserves a much, MUCH longer blurb, but I shall do my best.

Yesterday was Sunday, September 24th. So what, you ask. I had much the same opinion about it on my way to work at the coffee shop myself; another day of work, hopefully interspersed with getting some of my readings done for class, to be followed by evening mass at St. Joe's. (More on that in another post!) I had no reason to believe that anything out of the ordinary as going to happen at work yesterday. But, the reason I was under this impression was that my boss had neglected to mention that a film crew, shooting "The Carol Project", was going to be using the coffee shop as a staging area between takes. I had absolutely no idea, and no warning, that there would be forty people in my restaurant ALL DAY LONG.

That sounds like a bad thing, and I'll admit I had my reservations when less than a minute into my shift (and significantly before having poured, much less tasted, my first cup of coffee for the day) I got an order for eight meals. But, as the day progressed, despite being extraordinarily busy all day long (and kudos to Shauna, who showed up to visit and ended up helping out for the last 90 minutes of my shift despite the fact that she wasn't on the schedule and hence not being paid)I managed fairly well to keep up, largely because of the phenomenal patience and understanding of the movie crew, who were incredibly wonderful people.

Now, I don't actually know any of these people personally; I'm hopeing that somebody out there who is a little more familiar with the Arts scene around town knows somebody who was involved, and can pass on my gratitude. A different attitude from them would have resulted in all of us having a very, very bad day; but, because of their consideration of the relative smallness of the coffee shop (and the single-person staff) we all managed really well, and I actually had a great time at work. So, thank you, people of "The Carol Project". You guys are AWESOME.

1 Comments:

Blogger KojiroMusashi said...

Hm, 40 people at the Bowl...sounds like a party, alright!


Good job Blue, and I'll also send out a big thank you to the people involved with "The Carol Project".

Thanks for being kind and considerate to my very good friend Blue. Glad to hear a potentially high-stress situation turned out more than okay.

-Koji

September 25, 2006 11:55 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home